4/22/2009

Honey and Balsamic Glazed Chicken

This post is in honor of my son, who happened to be watching the Food Network while I was having a pedicure last weekend. He asked me to make Honey and Balsamic Glazed Chicken, but I missed the show (admittedly, I was reading the latest Oprah magazine, instead).

So, we had to improvise a bit. Fortunately, my son agrees that my recipe tastes as good as he imagined it would be!

Ahhh... what a good boy. Try this and see if you agree!

Ingredients:

4 boneless chicken breasts
1 T. olive oil
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper
1 T. fresh chopped thyme
2 T. balsamic vinegar
2 T. honey

Directions:

1. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and thyme.

2. Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken about 4 minutes on each side, turning once. Remove chicken and keep warm.

3. Add balsamic vinegar and honey to pan and simmer 1-2 minutes over medium-low heat until glaze thickens.

4. Pour glaze over chicken and enjoy!

You can use this glaze for salmon or pork, as well. Its so versatile and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment