1/13/2009

Speedy Swedish Meatballs

My Swedish Meatballs have become a hit with my husband and son. I originally found a recipe from Sandra Lee in her first Semi Homemade recipe book (http://www.semihomemade.com/). However, one day I found I was missing sour cream, so I made up my own recipe. As an aside, my husband likes my recipe better.

Sorry, Sandra!

Whether for an appetizer or a meal, Swedish Meatballs are always a hit!

Shopping List:

Frozen Swedish Meatballs

Egg Noodles

1 can Beef Broth

1 can Cream of Mushroom


Salt and Pepper

Olive Oil.

Cooking Instructions:

In a large pot pour 2 Tbs or more of olive oil to coat the pan. Turn the heat on high. Pour in meatballs (I normally portion out 4-5 meatballs per person). If you want to be safe, put in 20-25 meatballs.

In another pot, I bring my water to a boil. Add in egg noodles. Again, the amount depends on the size of your family. If you really like to follow the letter of the law, add in a pound of egg noodles.

After the meatballs have browned, add in the cream of mushroom and beef broth (beef bouillon cubes also work well if you don't have beef broth). I whisk this together to get the clumps out. Then play with your food! I add in Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste.

Once the noodles are almost done -- or slightly al dente, transfer them with a slotted spoon over to the meatballs and sauce. Let them all hang out and "marry" for about 10 minutes before serving.

This is a quick and easy recipe that satisfies. I always make sure I have the above ingredients because this is the best "in a pinch" recipe.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment