1/12/2009

Chicken and Broccoli Bake



I will admit that this recipe is one of my favorites, but Leslie may not agree. Growing up, I recall this Chicken and Broccoli bake fondly. My sister was a lot pickier than me! Still, I can tell you that my kids, ages 5-11, love this!

Times are tight and we're all looking for a simple, inexpensive meal that will be filling. Here's one that you can plan for Sunday dinner, or anytime of the week. It's cheap and fast. Even though we are not....

Shopping list:

6 boneless chicken breasts (or 1.5 pounds of chicken pieces)
1 package of frozen broccoli (or 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli)
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 T. curry powder
1 T. lemon juice
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 T. melted butter
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded


Let's Get Cooking!

First, brown the chicken in a fry pan or skillet
While the chicken is browning, mix up the cream of chicken soup, mayo, curry and lemon juice.
Place the broccoli in a 13x9 baking dish
Place the cooked chicken over the top
Spoon the soup mixture over the chicken and broccoli
Sprinkle bread crumbs on top, then pour the melted butter over top and finally, sprinkle shredded cheese at the end.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Serve with salad and bread or rolls, if desired.

The leftovers work well for up to a week! I especially love the rich broccoli sauce and cheese! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment