1/21/2009

BBQ Pork Ribs in the Crock Pot

Given that I live in a home with boys, I'm always searching for quick, easy and hearty menus to feed the boys -- especially on cold weekends when they have been outside playing or doing yard work. So, I often whip up some zesty ribs. No question this is one meal that tastes so good and will stick to their ribs!
Here's a family favorite BBQ Pork Rib recipe. This one ranks top on my list because its so much simpler than most BBQ rib recipes:


Grocery List:
  • 8 bone-in country style pork ribs (8 oz) each

  • 1 cup ketchup

  • 1 cup barbecue sauce (your pick - go as bold or sweet as you want!)

  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar

  • 1/4 Worcestershire sauce

  • 1 T balsamic vinegar

  • 1 T molasses

  • 1 garlic clove, minced

  • 2 T dried minced onion

  • 1 t Cajun seasoning

  • 1 t ground mustard

  • 1/2 t salt

  • 1/4 ground pepper
Directions:

Place ribs in a 5-qt Crock Pot, aka slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients, pour over ribs. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6-7 hours until meat is tender.

C'mon.... you might be saying! It really cannot be that easy! Don't I need to brown the meat first? Nope. How can I make sure they are tender? Trust me - the meat will fall off the bones in this savory sauce.

Is your mouth watering yet?




No comments:

Post a Comment