1/13/2009

Gigi's Party Mix, a.k.a. Nuts and Bolts

My mom used to make this party mix every fall. I almost couldn't wait for Halloween to be over because I knew she'd be making her nuts and bolts. Every day I'd come home from school and take a deep breath in when I walked through the door to see if she had made them. If I was lucky, I'd catch a batch just coming out of the oven and sneak a few handfuls before getting caught.

Now that I'm a mom, I make sure to whip up this recipe at least once a year. This year, my son came home from school and cheered: "yeah! nuts and bolts!" I love passing down recipes and love from one generation to the next.

This will no doubt become a family favorite in your home. A word to the wise...nuts and bolts are highly addictive and not so friendly to the waistline.

Shopping List:


  • 2lbs mixed salted nuts

  • 1 12oz pkg wheat chex

  • 1 10oz pkg cheerios

  • 1 6 oz pkg rice chex

  • 2 pkgs slim pretzels

  • 2 cups salad oil (vegetable oil). *DO NOT try other oils. It tastes terrible. Stick with this recipe.

  • 2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce

  • 1 TBS garlic salt

  • 1 TBS Seasoned salt

Directions:

Mix everything in large pan.... bake at 250 for 2 hours. Stir every 15 min.

Super Bowl is right around the corner - this party mix is far better than the stuff you buy pre-packaged at the store. Chex Mix is such a classic, even the Peanuts characters enjoy it!


You will too!


No comments:

Post a Comment