It can stand as a main course, or side dish for tacos or burritos. Bring on the tortilla chips, too!
- Two 7-oz cans diced roasted green chiles, drained
- 3 pints low-fat sour cream
- 1 t. salt
- 6 c. cooked rice (white or brown, but remember - whole grain is healthier!)
- 1 1/2pounds Montery Jack cheese, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
In a medium bowl, mix the chiles, sour cream and salt together.
Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Layer 1/3 of the cooked rice into the dish, cover with 1/2 of the sour cream mixture and 1/2 of the Montery Jack cheese strips. Repeat the layers again, then end with a layer of rice. Top with the cheddar cheese and cover with foil.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1-1 1/2 hours until bubbling and brown on the edges.
Serves 9-12 people! Party on!!
Short cuts: Make the dish ahead of time and refrigerate for up to a day, and/or bake ahead of time and serve at room temperature.